The article, Track Saw Vs Circular Saw – Which Tool Should You Choose? depicts that the track saw offers precise guide cuts along rails, and the circular saw provides versatility. Surely, the article track saw vs circular saw will assist you to touch the skies!
I know how difficult it is to choose the right saw for a woodworking project. Can Track Saw Vs Circular Saw – Which Tool Should You Choose? Really assist in choosing right on! The track saws are specialized tools that cut with precision along guide rail and offer straight cuts. While circular saws are handheld tools used for a wide range of cutting tasks., I will discuss all the nitty gritty about these both tools that will help you in choosing the right saw!
A track saw, also referred to as a plunge saw. It is a hand held circular saw which moves on a rail during different wood tasks.it is also different from regular circular saw in respect to plunge into the objects to a fixed depth. We may say that the depth of the cut is not fixed, it depends on adjustment of the slightly over thickness of wood sheet goods.
I myself have experienced the use of powerful tools on a large scale of woodworking. My team has also observed that the chop saw is used to cut the shallow groove into the workpiece. After having observations and experiments, I found that track saws offer incredibly precise and well-suited for long, straight cuts on the other hand, circular saws provide greater mobility and versatility for various cutting applications. There are some points mention for plunge saw vs circular saw. The difference between track saw and circular saw can be clear from these points.
- Track saw provides precise guided cuts along a rail that ensures straight and accurate results.
- Circular saw offers versatility and mobility that allows for cuts in various materials and angles.
- Track saw circular saw are ideal for long, straight cuts with minimal tear out.
- Circular saw is more portable and suitable for on-site or general cutting tasks.
- Choosing between plunge saw vs track saw depends on the need for precision, mobility, and the specific application requirements.
Track Saw Vs Circular Saw – Which Tool Should You Choose?/ Overview
We can not deny the equal importance of both tools. A miter saw vs circular saw are both unique and rare in their use. Whether it is just woodwork or a little construction project at home. You must be in search of a good saw to accomplish your project accuracy. I have tested both tools extensively over the course of my wood interior project. I have observed clearly these differences which are mentioned below.
- A Circular saw is a powerful saw packed with a sharp metal disc that spins around the central arbor. And these provide protection to the users from job sites. while A track saw is attached to the long guiding, rectangular, “rails or tracks”. Which are used to cut long straight cuts.
- Track saw has many added features like,(full blade cover. Dust collection and riving knife).
- Circular saw is not as expensive as a track saw. But there is no compromise over quality work.
- Track saw is used to provide straight and long with splinter free cuts. On the other hand, circular saw comes with splinter and tear out cuts.
- Track saw can also be used without track ,but if necessary track extension can be bought.
A track saw is packed with corded or battery powered. A corded track saw is powered by an electrical outlet so it provides more power than cordless models.
It can also tackle hard and fast applications, such as masonry, steel and various types of good sheets. I have experienced both circular saw and track saw. To be frank, when I got really super results from a track saw, I said goodbye to the circular saw and never looked back!
We can not deny the equal importance of both tools. A circular saw vs track saw are both unique and rare in their use. Whether it is just woodwork or a little construction project at home. You must be in search of a good saw to accomplish your project accuracy. I have tested both tools extensively over the course of my wood interior project. I have observed clearly these differences which are mentioned below.
- A Circular saw is a powerful saw packed with a sharp metal disc that spins around the central arbor. And these provide protection to the users from job sites. while A track saw is attached to the long guiding, rectangular, “rails or tracks”. which are used to cut long straight cuts.
- Track saw has many added features like,(a full blade cover. a Dust collection, and a riving knife).
- Circular saw is not as expensive as a track saw. But there is no compromise over quality work.
- A track saw is used to provide straight and long with splinter-free cuts. On the other hand, the circular saw comes with splinter and tear-out cuts.
- Track saw can also be used without track ,but if necessary track extension can be bought
A track saw is packed with corded or battery powered. A corded track saw is powered by an electrical outlet so it provides more power than cordless models. It can also tackle hard and fast applications, such as masonry, steel and various types of good sheets. I have experienced both circular saw and track saw. To be frank, when I got really super results from a track saw, I said goodbye to the circular saw and never looked back!
In history, Festool introduced the first guide rail in 1962 and released the first plunge-cut saw in 1980.
What Is A Track Saw?
A track saw is also known as a hand-held circular saw.it is packed with a long rectangular track as it works, providing long, fast and accurate cuts without clamps. It has become more popular among professionals.
The main features for standard track saws
The track helps in making long and straight cuts, a track saw seizes the track tightly and moves ahead without any scar. In my view, an ideal track path is 2-,4-,and 8-foot long for best results. It is best for jobsite work. The saw is more handy and pretty small that the tracks can be staked upright. You can make a long track by joining additional tracks.
The blade of a track saw has vital importance, usually round 6.5 inches, just slightly smaller than an ordinary circular saw. It is a bit safer and prevents kicking back and causing injury.
3. Dust vacuum
A dust vacuum is attached to the track saw in order to keep the worksites clean. The enclosed blade cover is also used in quick dust extraction. A track saw combines dust in a sheet. This is the best way to keep apart from you and your job site area. It is simply, you have to mark your sheet by setting the depth cut. Then you will lay down the track and start cutting by connecting the dust bag.
4. Splinter guards
A clear rubber material is attached to the track, which is perfectly sized for a particular saw. It helps in aligning the track with the exact place of mark and also prevents tear out.
5. Depth stop
Most of the track saws can cut approximately 2 inches, but some of the larger track saws have capability of 2-½ inches deep cut. You can make angled cuts with the help of a track saw.
Our First Rate – Makita SPJ6000J1 Plunge Cut Track Saw
Makita is an ideal for making great-quality appliances. This Makita Track Saw can utilize different materials-melamine, sheet goods. With electronic speed control, it can make bevel cuts and is easy to use. It provides high accuracy and clean cuts with slightest cuts.
Pros Of Track Saw
Cons of Track Saw
How To Use Circular Saw
A circular saw is known as a power saw, it gives a disc with teeth that revolves around an axle. It also provides protection to the users. It can be available in both cases as corded or cordless.
- Its blades can be used for various materials of wood.it can easily be used in cross-cuts and rip cuts.
- It can cut large boards into smaller sheets quickly and easily.
Types Of Circular Saw
There are different types of the circular saw, its detail is given below!
Sidewinder Circular Saw
A sidewinder circular saw is an ideal for left handed users, when adjusting the position of the motor. It is quick and fast in its function. It is best to use with software, it has a high RPM.
Worm drive Circular saw
It has more torque, and the motor is situated at the back of the circular saw. A worm drive is used to minimize the speed. It makes the work easier.
Hypoid Circular Saw
A Hypoid circular saw is packed with a smaller motor behind the saw.it has slight noise, and no need for oiling.
Our Choice DeWalt DCS577B
Dewalt is an excellent tool, and is incredibly fast. It is a cordless circular saw with a brushless motor. It provides an electronic brake, and built-in dust blower.
Pros Circular Saw
Cons Circular Saw
Types Of Saw Blade
- Framing blade
- Finishing blades
- Cement fiberboard blades
- Metal cutting blade
- Diamond blades
- Rip blades
- Teflon coated blades
- Thin kerf blades
- Precision trim saw blades
- Glur rip blade
- Laminate blades
Consider The Points In Selecting A Track Saw Or A Circular Saw
- Bevel capacity
- Soft start
- Portable or not
- Corded or cordless
- Is this have dust collection
- Led lightning
- Electric brake
A Track Saw Vs Table Saw
There are some details described below about table saw or track saw.
- Track saws are free to move, and portable, on the other hand, table saws are typically static and motionless.
- Track saws provide fast, long, and splinter-free cuts without tearing out.
- Track saws make clear and long cuts on large sheet goods, while it is something difficult to handle on a table saw.
- Track saws are much safer than table saws, while table saws are more powerful than track saws.
- Track saw is unbeatable in its making long, precise cuts.
How Do I Use A Track Saw With Safety Measures
It is important to get to know several key points before using track saw for circular saw, this would really help you in operating track saws!
- Make it sure you are wearing safety glasses and ear protection.
- First of all, check the maximum space for cutting.
- Set up your work area
- Mark cut line on the sheet goods
- Align the track and also set the blade depth and make your cut easily.
Q. What is the advantage of a track saw?
A. A track saw gives long, fast and accurate splinter-free cuts. It works much better than a table saw and circular saw. It is light and can move easily.
Q. Is a track saw safer than a table saw?
A. Table saw is more powerful as compared to the track saw. Track saws make long, without tear-out, straight and accurate cuts which is difficult to handle on the table saw.
Q. What is the main difference between a circular saw and a track saw?
A. The track saws show more handy and accurate results as compared to the circular saw. It shows more clear results as compared to a circular saw. On the other hand, a circular saw provides more autonomy of movement during the job site.
Q. Is a track saw as accurate as a table saw?
A. A table saw gives deeper cuts, tapering cuts, dadoes, and rabbets. While a track saw cannot show such results practically. Track saws achieve priority over a table saws because of the table saw on which the worksheet moves.
In a nutshell, a track saw is different from a circular saw as well a table saw. A track saw is safer, faster, and more advanced in its functions. It is superior, fast, and accurate in long cut-on sheet goods free of the splinter. It is great for ripping boards, cutting trims, and large panels.
The main difference between a table saw and a track is that on a table saw on which you are moving sheet goods at a fixed location, but with a track saw, you can only move the saw on the job site along the guided track. Above, I have clearly discussed between a Track Saw Vs Circular Saw and a track saw vs a table saw. Now it’s up to you to select the best one according to your mode of applications!.
If you are always with professional and expert accuracy work, you can’t go inexact with a track saw.in this way, Makita SPJ6000J1 CUT Track Saw is an excellent example of a track saw. It works quite precisely, fast, and superbly!
Circular saws make cuts with no perfection. Anyhow, it is incredibly quick and great. The DeWalt DCS577B is the best example of it. It is a more powerful and multi-purpose tool.